We inform you that the website for the Hellenic Industrial Property Academy (ΕΑΒΙ) is now accessible by visiting the following link: https://ipacademy.gr/
Extension of the deadlines for submission of applications and payment of Fees related to grant, filing and remain in effect of Industrial Property Titles
OBI’s Administrative Council in its meeting of February 19, 2021, decided to extend, for reasons of force majeure, until February 22, 2021, all legal deadlines regarding the grant, filing and remain in effect of the Industrial Property Titles in OBI which had a deadline from February 15 to February 19, 2021.
As of December 1st, the new service on Designs e-Filing will be active aiming to provide a better experience to the users.
The new service was developed in co-operation with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
The service is available only in the Greek language. To use the service in Greek click on Designs e-Filing.
OBI extends the deadline for expression of interest to the Hellenic Inventor Awards and enables more inventors to participate
OBI, aiming to help more inventors participate in the Hellenic Inventors Awards, understanding the difficulties that arise due to the pandemic, extends the deadline for the expression of interest until December 15, 2020.
Additionally, the Organisation enables more inventors to participate, calling for submission inventors whose applications have been published or the Patents have been granted until the day before the date of submission of request for participation in the Competition.
The other terms of participation remain as initially stated.
Call for expression of interest (until December 15, 2020)
We would like to inform you that the deadline for the expression of interest to the Hellenic Inventor Awards has been extended until Friday, November 6, 2020.
The Awards will be awarded to three categories of inventors who have carried out the invention:
- As part of a research program on behalf of a University or Research Center.
- As employees in a Small and Medium Enterprise.
- As independent natural persons.
The total amount of the awards amounts to € 60,000.
From each category two (2) inventions will be distinguished, based on the criteria described in the announcement, and the alleged inventor(s) will receive a cash prize of € 10,000 for each distinguished invention. If the distinguished invention has more than one inventor the award will be shared.
The awards will be offered by the Minister of Development and Investments in a special honorary ceremony organised by the Industrial Property Organisation.
The Inventions Evaluation Committee, established under the Ministerial Decision 68542/1.7.20, GG Υ.Ο.Δ.Δ. 509/13-7-2020 with four year term, is defined as follows:
- President: Evagelos Papakonstantinou, Professor on Personal Data Protection Law at the Faculty of Law & Criminology of the Free University of Brussels (VUB, Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
- Vice-President: Sotirios Markatos, Physics, MSc, Executive Director of Public Properties Company S.A
Regular Members & Alternate Members:
- Christos Vlachokostas, Mechanical Engineer, Laboratory and Teaching Staff of the Mechanical Engineering Department, Aristotle University Thessaloniki (AUTH), regular member, with alternate member Christos Stalias, Mechanical Engineer, Search Patent Examiner, ΟΒΙ.
- Gerasimos Gasparinatos, Lawyer, PhD, regular member, with alternate member Demetris Stafylas, Electrical Engineer & Computer Engineer, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Search Patent Examiner, ΟΒΙ.
- Konstantinos Kollias, Economist, President of the Economic Chamber of Greece, Financial Advisor – Business Development Consultant at KLC Law Firm, regular member, with alternate member Ioannis Stasinopoulos, Mechanical Engineer, MSc, BSc, Head of the Department of Quality and Innovation Promotion, Search Directorate ΟΒΙ.
- Stratos Koutivas, Mechanical Engineer, PhD, Head of the Search Directorate ΟΒΙ, regular member, with alternate member Evangelos Giannakopoulos, Mechanical Engineer, Head of the Department of Mechanical Inventions, OBI.
- Nikos Moshopoulos Computer and Electronics Engineering, PhD, regular member, with alternate member Loudovikos Van-Heurck, Mechanical Engineer, Search Patent Examiner, ΟΒΙ.
Call for expression of interest to the Hellenic Inventor Awards, celebrating a 100 years from the first Patent in Greece (1920-2020)
The Ministry of Development and Investments and the Hellenic Industrial Property Organisation announce the the 4th Competition for the Award of Distinguished Inventions which contributed or may contribute to the technological development of the country (Law 1733/1987 article 20, and KYA14113 /EFA/3850/13.1.2003).
As part of the effort to combat the phenomenon of the consumption and marketing of copy products and fakes, the Hellenic Industrial Property Organisation (OBI), the national entity responsible for the protection of Industrial Property (patents and designs) in Greece, in cooperation with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), participate in the Ideas Powered Program aiming to protect Intellectual Property, raise consumer awareness and enhanse the purchase of exclusively authentic products.
The two talented actors and protagonists in this consumer awareness campaign against “fakes”, feel that in addition to the economic dimension of the loss of billions of euros in the EU, there is also the dimension of protecting our personal good health!
Copy products are not subject to strict control regulations as genuine ones are so as to be safely used or consumed by humans. In fact, most of the recorded counterfeit products that are found dangerous, usually involve children and are toys, clothes or childcare items!
OBI’s aim is to inform the Greek public, in order to cultivate a culture of buying exclusively authentic products, thus avoiding opportunistic purchases of counterfeit goods.
Enjoy the related video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1gxBgUI2lA